Very Christmassy Biscuits
Author: Vanessa Gibson
A very Christmassy and very tasty treat that's great for wrapping up as gifts this festive season. I can guarantee you'll have very happy recipients! The idea came from a gorgeous little book I have called "trEATs" by April Carter - it's simply divine!
- 150g butter, chopped
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 100g dried apricots, diced
- 50g macadamia nuts, chopped
- 50g pistachios, chopped
- 100g dark chocolate
- 25g goji berries
- 100g white chocolate
- 25g pistachios, chopped
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale & creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Stir through flour, along with apricots, macadamias and pistachios.
- Turn onto a floured surface and bring it together into a firm ball. Roll out between two sheets of baking paper, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius/160 fan-forced.
- Cut out 6cm circles with a fluted cutter and place onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool on a rack.
- Melt white and dark chocolate. Dip half of each biscuit in chocolate, place on a lined tray, then sprinkle the goji berries onto the dark and the pistachios onto the white.
- Refrigerate until set.
Make this recipe yourself and hashtag #mumsinthemix #verychristmassybiscuits