Guilt-Free Chocolate Cake
Author: Vanessa Gibson
I have to say I'm getting quite adept at the gluten-free, dairy-free & refined sugar-free options, as I take along an intolerance-friendly morning tea option every week to our Mainly Music group. This is the latest in what I now think is a bit of a "guilt-free" series (along with guilt-free lamingtons, guilt-free apricot & coconut loaf and guilt-free hot cross muffins) I made this one because we celebrated our group turning 2, so this was our birthday cake! I was so happy with the texture and got lots of comments that it tasted great! Let me know how you go 🙂
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarb soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ½ cup oil (coconut oil or light olive oil)
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 over-ripe bananas
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius/160 fan-forced.
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds, until well combined (or just mix together well in a large bowl).
- Add remaining ingredients and mix for about 1 minute, until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into a lined 20cm round baking tin. Bake for 50 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool.
- To make icing: mix together cocoa, maple syrup and coconut cream until smooth. Spread over cooled cake.
Make this recipe yourself and hashtag #mumsinthemix #guiltfreechocolatecake