Pear & Strawberry Cupcakes
Author: Vanessa Gibson
This recipe came about because I was making a banana variation, but ran out of bananas! I scoured the fridge for what else I could use, and pears were the perfect substitute! Teamed with the strawberry & ginger, you have a delicious little cupcake that's suitable for anyone needing a gluten, dairy or refined sugar-free option (but tasty for those who don't as well!)
- 4 pears
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¾ cup strawberries, chopped
- steam in basket - 10 mins/Varoma/Sp 2
- Puree 30sec/speed 8
- Add 3 eggs, ¼ cup coconut oil, ¼ cup maple syrup, ¾ cup coconut flour, ½ cup desiccated coconut, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon ginger - 30 sec.
- Into cupcakes, top with chopped strawberry.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius/160 fan-forced.
- Steam pears (you can leave the skin on) until soft, then puree until smooth. If using a Thermomix, steam them in the basket with 500g water in the bowl for 10 minutes/Varoma/speed 2, then puree 30 seconds/speed 8.
- Add all other ingredients except strawberries and mix well with a food processor, blender or Thermomix (20 seconds/speed 8).
- Divide evenly into cupcake pans and top with strawberries. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Make this recipe yourself and hashtag #mumsinthemix #pearstrawberrycupcakes